Top Ten Tuesday is a meme started by The Broke and The Bookish.
Given that it is Thanksgiving and this week’s topic is a freebie, how about something general. I am terrible at coming up with my own topics…
November 24: Top Ten Books/Bookish Things I’m Thankful For
1) Paperbacks: I LOVE paperback books. They’re generally smaller and lighter, and the spine is easier to break which means I can fold my book over while reading at the dinner table and not to have to use two hands to read.
2) Supportive Family/Boyfriend/Friends: Everyone in my life encourages my bookish ways and for that I am always thankful. Whether it is giving me books or a gift card to acquire yet more books, being a faithful reader of this blog or not being offended when I accidentally ignore them for a good read, my people are just the best.
3) JK Rowling: The only reason we have Harry Potter is because JK Rowling thought of him and wrote down his world. That will NEVER cease to amaze me. I am, of course, thankful for the Harry Potter series as well as her Robert Galbraith novels.
4) John Green: I love all of Green’s novels, which yall already know. I am thankful for John Green because he exposed me to smartly written, beautiful YA Fiction. He has done so much to make YA great, and I’m so happy for that.
5) Jane Austen/Charlotte Bronte: These two women paved the way for pretty much every other female author and that is absolutely something to be thankful for. Intelligent, independent and passionate women, they wrote about the female experience in different but equally important ways.
6) Other book bloggers: I am super new to this blogging adventure so it is always fun to see what other people come up with and people who were complete strangers have become such lovely supporters which is amazing.
7) Literary Reviews/Criticism: I love reading The Paris Review, NPR, The Atlantic, The New Yorker. Reading other people’s thoughts and opinions on literature helps me to think more critically about what I’m reading and I love that.
8) Books!: Obviously books but more specifically the sheer amount of books that we get to choose from is incredible. I love reading a variety of authors and genres so I’m very thankful to be living in a time when there is an abundance of books.
9) Quotable books: I love a good quote. Books that are quotable often touch on something that I’ve always thought or felt but have never been able to articulate. I love when you’re reading and you come across something that is just so true and that feels so familiar.
10) Half Price Books: I could hang out in the HPB bookstore for hours. I love treasure-hunting and just roaming around. You never know what you’ll find in the $1 section.
I actually completed a full list. This is so rare. What about you guys? What was your freebie topic? Leave me a link, I’d love to check your list out!