Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme that was started by The Broke and The Bookish.
You guys! I haven’t forgotten about you. Or books. I’ve been reading like crazy, I just haven’t been able to get anything down on the blog yet. Top Ten Tuesday is the perfect way to jump back in though.
October 27: Top Ten Scary Things About Harry Potter
I am a big-time scaredy cat and don’t like ANYTHING that could give me nightmares, so I don’t have a whole lot of experience in horror movies/books. That being the case, in honor of Halloween, and my best friend going to HP World in a couple of weeks, I thought I’d share with you my scariest moments in the Harry Potter series.
1) Voldemort possesses Ginny Weasley, Chamber of Secrets: In Chamber of Secrets, Voldemort uses his diary to possess a 10-year old girl and uses her write things on the walls in BLOOD. Nope, no thank you. The concept of possession is so frightening to me.
2) Bellatrix LeStrange: Just as a character, Bellatrix is terrifying. For me, Bellatrix is scarier than Voldemort. Voldemort is evil, yes, but he is evil with a goal, he wants power. Bellatrix is evil just for the fun of it and because she truly believes in Voldemort’s cause.
3) Dolores Umbridge: Umbridge is a totally different kind of evil than Bellatrix but no less scary for it. Dolores Umbridge is the kind of person who does things because someone else tells her to and because it will benefit her. She has no mind of her own, only parrots whatever it is that the Ministry is selling. And that is so scary because there are people like her all over the world.
4) Hermione gets tortured by Bellatrix, Deathly Hallows: Oh my gosh when Bellatrix tortures Hermione, I could not handle it. I thought for sure that JK was going to kill Hermione, I just kind of thought there was no way that she’d let all three of the main characters survive. This was the only moment in the series when I read ahead; I had to make sure Hermione was still going to be there 50 pages later.
5) Professor Quirrell’s Voldemort head, Sorcerer’s Stone: This moment is similar to the possession of Ginny but maybe even scarier because Quirrell willingly agrees to be Voldemort’s “host” body. Think about how weird that sentence is.
6) Harry and Hermione visit Godric’s Hollow, Deathly Hallows: When Harry and Hermione go to Bathilda Bagshot’s house in Godric’s Hallow and friggin’ Nagini has nested INSIDE Bathilda. OMG. Gives me the heeby-jeebies just thinking about it.
Not quite 10 moments but its a start! What are your scariest Harry Potter moments?